Our client a hospital based in Dublin is currently recruiting a CNM2 Pre-Assessment DOSA.
* We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 to join their pre-operative assessment clinic and day of surgery admission unit. Operating Monday to Friday, the Pre-assessment Clinic and DOSA unit provides pre-operative care for patients undergoing surgical procedures across a large number of specialties and strives to make the patient journey to theatre as safe and efficient as possible.
* The role is responsible for the provision of a quality service in line with standards of pre-operative assessment and day of surgery admission nursing practice.
* As a key member of the senior nursing management team, the CNM2 in will demonstrate managerial and leadership skills and facilitate effective communication with colleagues in the hospital.
* The position requires a strategic approach to the development of the services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the oversight of changes necessary to achieve organisational objective.
* The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the pre-operative assessment and DOSA teams. The Clinical Nurse Manager 2 will undertake clinical and professional leadership and the development in the nursing team.
* The CNM 2 will lead and support the pre-operative assessment/DOSA teams and to promote a philosophy of holistic, high quality care and interdisciplinary team working. CNM 2 has a central role in co-ordination, management and streamlining of patient flow within both units.
* Both clinical areas oversee a variety of surgical specialities including orthopaedic, neurosurgery, gynaecological, urological and ENT. The CNM 2 will work closely with the Surgical and Anaesthetic consultants, holding bay, operating theatres, surgical day ward, inpatient wards and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the safe preparation of patients for theatre.
* Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by NMBI
* Have at least 5 years relevant post-registration nursing experience (full-time or equivalent hours part-time) in an acute hospital setting, 3 of which has been in the surgical area. Anaesthetic/ PACU recommend/preferable experience
* Management /leadership course or willingness to pursue same.
For further information & full job spec please call Maria on 087 2951493 or email Maria on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: CNM2, Clinical Nurse Manager, Pre-Assessment, DOSA, pre-operative assessment, Nurse, Acute, Hospital, CNM, NMBI, Dublin
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!