Our client an established Cork Hospital wishes to recruit a CNM3 for the Wards.
Purpose of the Role
To provide leadership in the delivery of patient care by leading, managing and development of the nursing staff to ensure excellence in patient care through a well-educated and highly motivated team of carers and the effective and efficient use of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for the provision of the highest standard of nursing care to patients, manage all nursing and allied staff in the Department and be responsible for maintaining and developing professional standards.
* They will provide efficient and effective management in such a way as to provide a safe environment for patients and staff while making the best use of time and resources with a particular emphasis on the promotion of multidisciplinary team working
* They are responsible for ensuring infection control and hygiene standards are maintained
* The Clinical Nurse Manager must adhere to the Code of Professional Practice and Behaviours for Registered Nurses
* Ensure all Hospital policies and procedures are implemented and available for staff
* Ensure that all nurses are familiar with and knowledgeable regarding the correct procedure to follow in the care of fire, loss of power, cardiac arrest, and major incident
* Manage and maintain equipment for the department and ensure it is available to meet service needs
* Ensure that nursing care is planned, assessed, delivered, and evaluated on an individual basis for each patient, by all members of the nursing team
* Registered General Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), or eligible to register with NMBI
* Essential Experience
* 5 years post-registration experience in the acute hospital setting
* Have a minimum of 3 years relevant clinical experience
* Demonstrate management experience within the last 3 years
* Desirable Experience
* Management Course
* Knowledge of JCI or similar accreditation system desirable
Essential Technical/Clinical Competencies
* Demonstrate IT Skills
* Demonstrate experience in personal and professional development of staff
* Demonstrate project/change
* Management skills
For full job spec please call Maria on 087 2951493
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further your career with this hospital.
Are you currently working as a CNM2 & want to progress to CNM3 level or are you working as an ADON & want to step back to a CNM3 Grade.
For further details & full job spec Please Call Maria O’Dwyer today on 087 2951493 or email Maria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!